COURSE OVERVIEW -- Click here for COURSE SAMPLE
Aerial bucket trucks come in a variety of configurations, including telescoping booms, articulating booms, or a combination of both. Before you are permitted to operate an aerial bucket truck, you will need to be adequately trained and have the knowledge to operate safely and productively.
The aerial bucket truck is a unique piece of equipment. Typically, aerial bucket trucks are used to perform tasks at heights that may not practically or safely be performed by other methods. There are many variations ranging in size, boom types, physical capacity, and equipment options.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Be able to effectively perform a pre-use inspection.
• Learn the use of the various machine controls.
• Know the proper start-up and shut-down procedures.
• Perform key function testing.
• Understand how to safely and effectively operate the machine.
• Understand the safety aspects associated with operating an aerial bucket truck.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Introduce the bucket truck and overall safety components.
• Overview of the operator responsibilities.
Lesson 2: Pre-use Inspection
• Perform a complete pre-use inspection of all components of your equipment.
• Ensure that all safety and instructional labels are attached and in good condition.
• Ensure that any additional add-on components are in good working order before attaching or using for operation.
Lesson 3: Start Up and Shut Down
• Complete a proper start-up process for your equipment.
• Understand warm-up procedures and when they are required.
• Determine and complete the appropriate shut-down process.
• Explain the system checks and air brake test to perform once the engine is running.
Lesson 4: Controls
• Identify the various types of controls used on aerial bucket trucks.
• Define the importance of proper usage of the outrigger and stabilizer controls.
• Demonstrate operation of the boom control from the turntable.
• Demonstrate operation of the boom control from the bucket.
Lesson 5: Function Testing
• Learn how to perform the following function tests:
• Brake testing
• Engine testing
• Outrigger / stabilizer testing
• Turntable controls testing
• Bucket control testing
Lesson 6: Machine Operation
• Preparing to operate the bucket truck.
• Discuss operating conditions.
• Identify machine specifications and limitations.
• Understand the importance of proper fall restraint use.
• Examine remote utility connections.
Final Exam – 22 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 - 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 22
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days